The mission of the Business and Computer Information Systems Department is to be the educational resource of choice for a diverse community seeking knowledge, work skills, and lifelong learning by offering quality and comprehensive transfer and vocational programs.
- Carmen Guerrero, Career & Technical Education
- Robert Cabral, Department Chair, Accounting/Business, Professor
- Ed Bassey, Accounting/Business, Professor
The Business Program at Oxnard College offers a wide variety of courses in business management, marketing and accounting leading to the degrees of Associate in Arts and Science and Certificates of Achievement in Accounting, Business, Marketing and Management. In addition to the major coursework, which emphasizes business and accounting practices, the business program combines students in computer information systems and meets the needs of students targeting careers that meld knowledge of business and information systems.
Sample Career Opportunities
- Account Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Assistant Manager
- Sales Representative
- Finance Operations
- Market Research Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Management Trainee
- Sales Trainee
- Fashion Director
- Manufacturer Representative
- Cost Accountant
- Small Business Owner
- Advertising Manager
- Manufacturers Representative
- Internation Business Management
- Sales Executive/Sales Management
- Assistant Controller
- Human Resource Manager
- Small Business Manager
For major preparation, program requirements and other information, download the Business program pages taken from the 2007-2008 Oxnard College Catalog. (Adobe Reader required to download the PDF file.)
The Business Department serves students who are seeking jobs, keeping jobs, advancing in jobs, transitioning in jobs, and/or seeking further formal education.
For further information contact Robert Cabral, Business/Accounting professor at (805) 986-5800 or email him at email@example.com.
- Catalog description Courses - Accounting classes
- Catalog Description Courses - Business classes and programs