- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- STEM Career Pathways
- Project & Activity Evaluations
- Annual Performance Report
- 2013 Summer Program Opportunities for Students (Summer Bridges)
- Summer Bridge Programs 2012
- Activities & Events
- Tutor Schedule
- OC-CSUCI Peer Mentor Outreach
- Supplemental Instruction
- Course Materials
- Student Resources
- Student Interest Form
- Solution Summit Document
- Strategic Partners
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
MATH R122 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry III
As the third course in the calculus sequence, this course reviews the calculus of several variables and solid analytic geometry. It includes the study of vectors and surfaces in space, partial derivatives, multiple integrals, vector valued functions, cylindrical and spherical coordinate systems, line and surface integrals, vector fields, Green’s Theorem, parametric surfaces, Jacobians, Lagrange Multipliers, Stoke’s Theorem, and the Divergence Theorem.
MATH 121 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry II)
MATH R122 is required for PHYS 133 (Physics for Scientists and Engineers 3).
MATH R122 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in Mathematics
- A.A. in Physics, Technology option (required course)
- A.A. in Physics, Physical Science option
- A.S. in Physics (required course)
MATH R122 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R122 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R122 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R122 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R122 equivalent|
|UCSB||MATH 5B or 5C|