- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- STEM Career Pathways
- Project & Activity Evaluations
- Annual Performance Report
- 2013 Summer Program Opportunities for Students (Summer Bridges)
- Summer Bridge Programs 2012
- Activities & Events
- Tutor Schedule
- OC-CSUCI Peer Mentor Outreach
- Supplemental Instruction
- Course Materials
- Student Resources
- Student Interest Form
- Solution Summit Document
- Strategic Partners
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
MATH R121 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry II
As the second course in the calculus sequence, this course emphasizes Integral Calculus, techniques of integration, and applications of definite integrals. It also includes the study of infinite series, conic sections, and parametric equations.
MATH 120 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry I)
MATH R121 is required for the following courses:
- MATH R122 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry III)
- MATH R125 (Differential Equations with Linear Algebra)
- PHYS 132 (Physics for Scientists and Engineers 2)
MATH R121 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in Biology
- A.S. in Chemistry (required course)
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in Mathematics (required course)
- A.A. in Physics, Technology option (required course)
- A.A. in Physics, Physical Science option (required course)
- A.S. in Physics (required course)
MATH R121 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R121 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R121 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R121 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R121 equivalent|
|UC Berkeley||MATH 1B or 16B|
|CSUN||MATH 150B or 255B|