- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- STEM Career Pathways
- Project & Activity Evaluations
- Annual Performance Report
- 2013 Summer Program Opportunities for Students (Summer Bridges)
- Summer Bridge Programs 2012
- Activities & Events
- Tutor Schedule
- OC-CSUCI Peer Mentor Outreach
- Supplemental Instruction
- Course Materials
- Student Resources
- Student Interest Form
- Solution Summit Document
- Strategic Partners
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
MATH R120 - Calculus with Analytic Geometry I
The first course in the calculus sequence, this course combines elements of analytic geometry with calculus applications. It includes the study of functions, limits, the derivative, continuity, techniques and applications of differentiation, and an introduction to the antiderivatives and integration.
MATH R118 (Precalculus Mathematics) or the MATH 115 (College Algebra) and R116 (College Trigonometry) sequence.
MATH R120 is required for the following courses:
- MATH 121 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry II)
- PHYS 121 (Physics with Calculus 1)
- PHYS 131 (Physics for Scientists and Engineers 1)
MATH R120 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in Biology
- A.A. in Business
- A.A. in Chemistry (required course)
- A.S. in Chemistry (required course)
- A.S. in Coastal Environmental Studies
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in Mathematics (required course)
- A.A. in Physics, Technology option (required course)
- A.A. in Physics, Physical Science option (required course)
- A.S. in Physics (required course)
MATH R120 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R120 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R120 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R120 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R120 equivalent|
|UC Davis||MATH 16A or 21A|