- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- STEM Career Pathways
- 2011/ 2012 Project Evaluations
- Annual Performance Report
- 2013 Summer Program Opportunities for Students (Summer Bridges)
- Summer Bridge Programs 2012
- Activities & Events
- Tutor Schedule
- OC-CSUCI Peer Mentor Outreach
- Supplemental Instruction
- Course Materials
- Student Resources
- Student Interest Form
- Strategic Partners
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
MATH R118 - Precalculus Mathematics
This course gives the calculus-bound student a solid foundation in precalculus algebra and analytic trigonometry, with emphasis on function concepts and graphing. Topics include equations and inequalities, analytic geometry of lines and conic sections, properties of functions, techniques of graphing, elementary functions (linear, quadratic, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric) and inverse functions, trigonometric identities and equations, polar graphing, optimization applications, systems of equations, theory of equations, mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequences, and series.
MATH R014 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Either MATH R116 (College Trigonometry) or MATH 118 is required for PHYS R101 (College Physics 1).
- Either the MATH R115 (College Algebra) and R116 (College Trigonometry) sequence or MATH 118 is required for MATH R120 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry I).
MATH R118 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
MATH R118 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R118 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R118 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R118 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R118 equivalent|
|Humboldt State U||MATH 115|