- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- STEM Career Pathways
- Project & Activity Evaluations
- Annual Performance Report
- 2013 Summer Program Opportunities for Students (Summer Bridges)
- Summer Bridge Programs 2012
- Activities & Events
- Tutor Schedule
- OC-CSUCI Peer Mentor Outreach
- Supplemental Instruction
- Course Materials
- Student Resources
- Student Interest Form
- Solution Summit Document
- Strategic Partners
- Faculty Resources
- Contact Us
MATH R115 - College Algebra
An advanced course in algebra, this course focuses on the study of functions and their graphs, techniques of solving equations and the recognition and creation of patterns. Students will analyze and graph functions (constant, linear, quadratic, absolute value, square root, cubic, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic). Topics also include inequalities, absolute values, analytic geometry of conic sections, systems of linear and nonlinear equations and inequalities, matrices, determinants, the binomial theorem, sequences, series, and mathematical induction. This course includes problem-solving strategies with applications to many areas including business and the social, biological, and physical sciences.
MATH R014 (Intermediate Algebra)
Either the MATH R115 and R116 (College Trigonometry) sequence or MATH 118 (Precalculus Mathematics) is required for MATH R120 (Calculus I).
MATH R115 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
MATH R115 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R115 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R115 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R115 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R115 equivalent|
|CSUSB||MATH 110 or 120|