- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Apply for Admission
Admission to Oxnard College is Open to any high school graduate, anyone possessing a high school proficiency certificate, GED, or any adult 18 years of age or older and capable of profiting from instruction. Students entering any of the public community colleges of California are subject to the residency requirements by the State of California. You may also be eligible to attend as a Special Admission student if you are still enrolled in high school.
If you are an international student -- a citizen of another country visiting or planning to visit the United States and study on an F-1 Student Visa -- please do NOT complete this online application, but contact Moorpark College International Student Office for special application instructions and forms.
Oxnard, Ventura, and Moorpark College share a common application. You need only apply at one college to be accepted at all three colleges. If you have already applied at any of the colleges within the last year, it is not necessary to reapply.
In completing your online application for admission, please double check the accuracy of the information you enter. We want to be sure that your student record is error-free as you begin your studies at Oxnard College.
Please select an accurate Major or Program of Study you wish to pursue while at Oxnard College. If you declare an undecided major or program of study, you will not be eligible for Financial Aid and will not be able to use degree planning tools
Open to Enrollment: Each course offered by the Ventura County Community College District and its colleges is open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets the prerequisites to the class or program, unless specifically exempted by statute.
The following steps need to be completed to be admitted as a new student at Oxnard College.
1. Complete our online application for admission
- Access the online application using the CCCApply website
- Applications will be available in our database within 24 business hours of submission
- You will be asked to enter an e-mail address. If you do not have your own e-mail account, CCCApply will create an email for you. If your e-mail account changes in the future, please access MyVCCCD to update your address with us.
2. Setup your MyVCCCD account.
- Once your admission application is processed, you will receive an email from Oxnard College with instructions on how to setup your account.
- Students will be prevented from registering for classes until their MyVCCCD account is setup.
3. Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the on-line BOG Fee Waiver (enrollment fees only)
4. Submit official transcripts from prior institutions
- Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Mail transcripts to:
Att: Admissions & Records Office
4000 South Rose Ave
Oxnard, CA 93033
5. Complete the assessment process
- No appointments are needed for assessments. All assessment sessions are walk-ins. The assessment evaluation will provide important information to counselors regarding your academic levels in the areas of English, Reading and Math.
|Assessment Testing Lab Hours|
|Monday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday: 10:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
- The Assessment Office can be reached at 805-986-5864.
- Assessments are free of charge for Oxnard College students, and are required for students who:
- Are attending OC for the first time with the goal of completing a Certificate of Achievement, Associate Degree or Transfer Degree, or
- Plan to take an English, Math, or ESL Course, or
- Plan to take a General Education course requiring college-level skills
- You do not need to take an assessment if you:
- Have already earned a degree or certificate from an accredited college or university, or
- Can demonstrate competency (by completing with a grade of "C" or better) in reading, writing, or mathematics through previous assessments or college-level courses (bring unofficial transcripts for verification), or
- Are only enrolling in special interest courses, or
- Assessed at Ventura College.
6. Complete New Student Orientation
After completing your assessment, make an appointment for an orientation at the Welcome Center (805-986-5907).
7. Register for Classes online at my.vccccd.edu.
- Verify your date & time for registration at MyVCCCD.
- Please check the current calendar for registration dates.
- All registration fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Registration will not be complete unless the fees are paid in full.
- Financial Aid is availalbe.
- Payment plans are available through MyVCCCD.