- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Apply for Admission
Admission to Oxnard College is Open to any high school graduate, anyone possessing a high school proficiency certificate, GED, or any adult 18 years of age or older and capable of profiting from instruction. Students entering any of the public community colleges of California are subject to the residency requirements by the State of California. You may also be eligible to attend as a Special Admission student if you are still enrolled in high school.
Open to Enrollment: Each course offered by the Ventura County Community College District and its colleges is open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets the prerequisites to the class or program, unless specifically exempted by statute.
The following steps need to be completed to be admitted as a new student at Oxnard College.
1. Complete our online application for admission
- Access the online application using the CCCApply website
- Applications will be available in our database within 24 business hours of submission
- You will be asked to enter an e-mail address. If you do not have your own e-mail account, CCCApply will create an email for you. If your e-mail account changes in the future, please access MyVCCCD to update your address with us.
2. Setup your MyVCCCD account.
- Once your admission application is processed, you will receive an email from Oxnard College with instructions on how to setup your account.
- Students will be prevented from registering for classes until their MyVCCCD account is setup.
3. Apply for Financial Aid (optional, but recommended)
- Complete the on-line BOG Fee Waiver (enrollment fees only)
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
4. Submit official transcripts from prior institutions
- Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Mail transcripts to:
Att: Admissions & Records Office
4000 South Rose Ave
Oxnard, CA 93033
5. Complete the assessment process
- No appointments are needed for assessments. All assessment sessions are walk-ins. The assessment evaluation will provide important information to counselors regarding your academic levels in the areas of English, Reading and Math.
- The Assessment Office can be reached at 805-986-5864.
6. Complete New Student Orientation
After completing your assessment, make an appointment for an orientation at the Welcome Center (805-986-5907).
7. Register for Classes online at my.vccccd.edu.
- Verify your date & time for registration at MyVCCCD.
- Please check the current calendar for registration dates.